Monday, 29 October 2012

Au Revoir Yash Chopra


Yash Chopra, a name that never got old fashioned for any of the many generations that came and went. From Deewar to Dil To Pagal Hain, his movies are ageless treats the whole family could watch and enjoy. 
Yash Chopra was the zest we saw in Shah Rukh’s romantic adventures. His larger than life sets made mundane lives want to dream. His Swiss getaways chilled our mad summers. I remember bunking dreary college to watch Dil to Pagal Hain and what a well spent day it was! Sad, sappy Veer Zaara made me cry and I thanked Shah Rukh’s parents for not leaving British India after partition. Lamhe makes me wish Sridevi married Anil and not his brother. I doubt Jaya Bachchan ever dared to watch Silsila - She would have choked in the flame from the smoldering chemistry that almost burnt the tree. If Deewar didn’t make B big, wonder what did.

Here is my favorite Yash Chopra song......(courtesy the yrf channel on youtube)



His death just got us closer to those revered moments we felt watching his movies. I’m making a deal with my weekend schedule for some movie time with Yash Chopra. Let me soak myself in those crazy songs and moves; let me cry and laugh on lines and moments that make a 3 hour movie one wholesome experience. Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Kabhi Kabhi nahin par har Lamhe Dil will remain Pagal for Yash Chopra's movies. And always have enough Waqt for reruns and more reruns of the same without any Darr.

Au Revoir Yash Chopra. No Goodbyes, because we will see your films again and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment